Some P-H-M administrators have been appointed to new leadership roles for the upcoming 2017-2018 school year. The following administrative changes will be effective July 1:
- Current Principal of Madison Elementary Ryan Towner has been named Walt Disney's new principal.
- Walt Disney Principal Lavon Dean-Null is moving to Schmucker as the middle school’s new principal.
- Current Schmucker Assistant Principal Kevin McMillen will become principal of Madison Elementary School.
- Director of Professional Development and Student Learning Heather Short will become Assistant Superintendent for Instruction.
- Meadow’s Edge Principal Jayson Snyder will take over as the Director of Professional Development and Student Learning.
Some Walt Disney families may remember new Principal Ryan Towner. Before being named principal of Madison in 2015, he was assistant to the principal here at Walt Disney under then Principal Randy Williams. Mr. Towner is in his sixth year with P-H-M; he started in 2011 as a 5th grade teacher at Prairie Vista Elementary. Another corporation leadership post that Mr. Towner holds is Federal Grants Program Administrator, overseeing the District’s Title I, II and III grants. He was the 2016 recipient of the IUSB School of Education’s Excellence Award in School Administration. The Indiana Department of Education recently named Madison a “Four Star School.” Mr. Towner brings a wealth of educational experience to his new role at Walt Disney.
Mrs. Dean-Null will take over as Schmucker Middle School’s new principal July 1. In a letter sent to Disney parents today (Tuesday, June 20, 2017), she thanked the Disney families for being so supportive: “I look forward to seeing you and your young Dolphin faces again when your students transition to middle school, as Schmucker will be their school. I will always treasure my time as your principal. I hope to see you in the very near future.”
Before coming to Walt Disney, Mrs. Dean-Null served as assistant principal of Grissom Middle School. She taught Language Arts and Social Studies at Discovery Middle School from 2001-2013. She has helped lead many middle school student trips to Europe and student exchange programs to China, along with helping to develop middle school curriculums to be implemented across the Corporation. Mrs. Dean-Null was P-H-M’s 2012 Teacher of the Year and a Top Three Finalist for Indiana Teacher of the Year.