Beginning the week of June 1st, parents are encouraged to come to school to return school-issued materials, and to pick up their child(ren)'s belongings that remain at school. Our goal is to use a procedure that maximizes the safety of all parents and staff. Please use the following schedule:
Monday, June 1:
- 8:00 – 11:00 a.m., Grades K - 2
- 11:00 – 2:00 p.m., Grades 3 - 5
Tuesday, June 2
- 8:00 – 11:00 a.m., Grades 3 – 5
- 11:00 – 2:00 p.m., Grades K – 2
Wednesday, June 3
- 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Pickup for those unable to come June 1st or 2nd
* Those with students in both grade groupings may pick up belongings with the younger student's group time.
* Items remaining in the building on Friday, June 5th that have not been picked up will be donated (unless a parent has contacted our office).
When you come to school, the following procedure will be utilized:
- When you arrive to Walt Disney, please drive the lane that is used for car rider arrival/dismissal.
- Place a sign in the car window with your child(ren)'s name, grade, and teacher written on the sign.
- Remain in your car while in line, staff will greet you and radio staff inside the building to bring your child(ren)'s belongings to you in line. The items will be pre-bagged.
- If you are returning library books or curriculum materials, please let staff know and follow their directions.
- Chromebooks do not need to be returned at this time.
Lastly, if you have a particular item of concern, such as jackets, winter boots, glasses cases... Please email your child(ren)'s teacher ahead of time so they can place it with your child's other belongings.
Thank you for following these guidelines to help this process be efficient and safe for everyone!